South Alabama Electric Cooperative takes steps to protect against COVID-19
South Alabama Electric Cooperative values the health and safety of our employees and members above all else. Over these past several weeks we have continued to monitor events concerning COVID-19. After assessing the latest available information we feel it is necessary to keep our office closed through April 30 to ensure the well-being of our employees and members.
SAEC will continue to keep the lobby closed to our members and the public through April 30 at which time we will assess any further protective measures.
With that in mind, SAEC is taking the following steps in accordance with CDC guidelines to protect both our employees and our members:
- SAECemployees who feel sick are being instructed to stay home.
- We are directing employees to cancel any nonessential travel.
- Employees who work directly with members should avoid shaking hands or making any physical contact.
- We will be providing disinfectant products to employees in the office and posting additional reminders for employees to wash their hands often.
- All employees are asked to take proper precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and those around them.
SAEC also offers a variety of online services to help you pay your bill and conduct other utility business from home.
- The SAEC Connect App allows members to make a payment, manage their account, check important messages from the cooperative and more. The app is available for download on the App Store and Google Play Store.
- Members can also sign up to have their bill automatically drafted from their bank account each month.
- Members can make payments online by visiting https://www.southaec.com/billing-options.
- To make a payment by phone, call our automated payment system 24/7 at 1-877-566-0611. For those who have not utilized this option before a customer service representative will assist you through the credit card payment process.
- To apply for electric service online, visit us www.southaec.com and utilize the “Apply, Transfer or Disconnect” link under the Member Services menu.
- Members can also make a payment in our night drop box, which is located on the left side of our main lobby door. Envelopes will be provided.
If members have any questions about these services, please call 1-800-556-2060 during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
“We hope our members find these tools helpful both now and moving forward,” says SAEC General Manager, David Bailey. “For any member who has never used these services before, please contact one of our team members, who will be glad to assist you in setting up and utilizing them.”
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and explore further measures to support our members and the community as needed. Follow us on social media for updates.