Promoting new and continued economic growth in the area we serve is of extreme importance to South Alabama Electric Cooperative.
Our area offers a variety of features for businesses that locate here including: the availability of land, skilled and trainable workers, favorable taxes and a strong electric provider.
We also encourage our employees to take an active role in promoting this area we call home. Several serve on local government boards and even the local Chambers of Commerce.
Projects Completed and Underway...
South Alabama Electric Cooperative has made a significant impact in job creation for over two decades for our area by utilizing the Rural Development Loan & Grant Program (REDLG) funded under the United State Department of Agriculture (USDA). These zero-interest loans designed to stimulate job creation within the rural areas have been a tremendous benefit for our services area and the surrounding communities. Since 1997 South Alabama Electric Cooperative has made over 18 loans to industries and government entities in our area to promote job creation and establish quality and sufficient infrastructure. The following are a few of the loans to date:
- Pike County Water Authority – Equity Group – Eufaula Division Feed Mill (Formally Charoen Pokphand)
- Goshen Farmers Co-op
- Crenshaw County Healthcare Authority
- Industrial Development Board of the City of Troy - CGI Center for Excellence
- Industrial Development Board of the City of Troy – Max Hughes Trucking, Inc.
- Industrial Development Board of the City of Troy - Horn Beverage Co. Inc.
- Industrial Development Board of the City of Brundidge - Southern Classic Food Group
- Industrial Development Board of the City of Brundidge - Magnolia Vegetable Processors, LLC
- Pike County, AL – Rex Lumber
- Industrial Development Board of the City of Troy – Kimber Mfg., Inc.
Commercial and Industrial Accounts
Our Commercial and Industrial Account management program is designed to help us determine and meet the needs of our commercial member-owners.
As with most utilities, our customer base consists of a diverse mix - from residential rural areas to industrial and commercial loads. Because of this diversity, we must focus on a variety of needs among our member-owners since your needs as a business is much different than those of your residential counterpart.
Through our commercial and economic development program, we are able to work closely with you to communicate issues of concern regarding area such as reliability, rate structures, energy-efficiency issues, loan programs for expansion and many other areas as well.
We realize that by building strong relationships with our commercial member-owners, we are also building a stronger cooperative and community as well.
Ask us about the programs we have available including: commercial energy audits, heating and cooling consultations, loans and grants for expansion, lighting and much more.